Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Among my best work days in Jordan

Probably cooler than not meeting Senator Obama – this week I got to go in an Airbus A320 flight simulator! As a U.S. official (and no doubt as a passenger), I think Boeing airplanes are way better than Airbus planes. Unfortunately, Jordan only has a new Airbus simulator – it was very cool.

You are in a walk-in closet sized box that moves (like those rides at Disney World that simulate roller coasters) and has all the buttons and levers of an airplane. The software has been loaded with satellite images of Jordan so I was given a tour of Amman in the flight simulator with the Embassy and the Palace and the sports fields pointed out to me. I believe one of the features of the simulator is that they can fill it with smoke to see how the pilots react to a fire – thankfully our ride was smoke-free. If anyone is a pilot and looking for a place to do their flight simulator hours - I can recommend the very attractive facility at Queen Alia airport.


I believe on the same work day Dan got to go to the morgue.




2 comments:

3XMom said...

wow..that is great! Looks like such a blast! hee hee to Dan

Jacksonian Traveler said...

love the new photo at the top of your blog