Thursday, October 18, 2007

It rained yesterday!

Dan's parents arrived safely and brought rain. It has literally not rained since Dan and I arrived. We have been told that olives are harvested after it has rained - we were really skeptical that such a day would ever occur.

Today I also received the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living in my pile of mail (copy of today's Jordan Time's; bank statement; couple of clipped articles from my boss). I only saw the side of magazine which lists the highlights of the magazine and saw "turkey techniques" and "cranberry desserts" and my first reaction was "wow - that is weird." It was only then that I realized that Thanksgiving is indeed just five weeks away - and someone somewhere is indeed debating apple pie vs. pumpkin. Here it is 85 degrees and summer-like and Thanksgiving seems very remote.

Dan + parents are spending today in Jerusalem. Just two days ago we realized that the car is in my name and so we spent a night scrounging around for every possible document that shows that we are married and that he has a claim to the car too and wouldn't be accused of smuggling it out.

3 comments:

3XMom said...

Don't worry...its close to 80 degrees here and muggy like it is July. Hard to believe we will have Halloween soon!

Hope the trip with your parents goes well, dan!

Jules said...

I hope you enjoy your parents, Dan. LOL, your husband has stolen your car! I understand why they would think that, but that is a riot! On Wednesday, we are supposed to have record highs. It was warm, but very windy, always!

Unknown said...

So, are Dan's parents still there? Do Jordanians do anything for Halloween?
IMWTK!