Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bad week but cheap alterations

This week at work has been exhausting combined with a lot of nighttime events - some fun and some just work. I can say that one way this week has been good has been the availability of an on-site dry cleaning service that does alterations. Our Embassy is having a formal party next week and I ordered a bunch of dresses from Nordstrom figuring one of them would a. fit and b. be attractive. One of them was attractive but it also assumed the wearer was 6 feet tall. I was able to get the dress - which has elaborate fabric layers altered and pressed for the party for $8 and it was done in less than 24 hours.

4 comments:

3XMom said...

wow! I am so jealous! As I lose more weight, I am losing most of my wardrobe! Would love to find cheap alterations!!!

Stephanie said...

Maybe you could send your stuff to Duf and she could get it altered for you? :)

Unknown said...

Maybe you could send your stuff to Duf and she could get it altered for you?

Might be cheaper, even with shipping. So, Duffy, that really big box showing up in a couple weeks? Yeah, that's *not* your Xmas presents...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.