Thursday, June 7, 2007

Arrived in Amman, safe but sleepy

Arrival at Queen Alia International Airport was flawless, thanks to nice embassy people who meet me and whisk me through Customs. After arriving at apartment, I receive very thorough briefing on all apartment amenities, but after I am left alone, I realize I do not understand how to turn on oven to heat casserole left by very nice embassy people. Too groggy to seek help, I settle for bachelor's dinner: 1 energy bar + 1 beer. But first, before dinner, I fry my electric razor by not switching it to high voltage. Thank heavens, after first day of work today, embassy will have weekly steak night. I will report back on whether I pulled off the suit + tie + unshaven look...

3 comments:

Jules said...

Lol, It was funny. I hope you got a good night sleep.

3XMom said...

Glad to hear you made it ok! I'm sure local Target will have a new razor (LOL!) We will try and carb Duffy up before sending her over there to you!

diana said...

Dan, thanks for the update. When we come, you and Deb can be the embassy people that whisk us thru customs Right!
Glad you are okay - maybe find a local sheep herder, he probably has sheers to trim your beard.
Gone to a grocery store yet - how many flavors of Tang were there?
Love, diana