Wednesday, June 20, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

I've spent the last month trying to re-visit my very favorite places and eat my very favorite things in DC. In no real order...

Favorite sushi - Sushi Taro - Spices would deliver to our house so while most of the sushi we ate came from there - when we walked the 8 blocks to Sushi Taro we were reminded of the difference between good and great sushi

Favorite pizza - Pizza Paradiso - this tiny restaurant is nearly always mobbed so Dan and I grabbed an evening when we were both out of class early

Favorite cocktails - I love the creativity of those at Tallulah (along with their "amuse yourself" mini-appetizers) - Megan agrees that Tallulah is one of her favorite Virginia restaurants - and if I were being charitable that Tallulah is a favorite restaurant and not just a "favorite for Virginia"

Favorite fondue - last night Justin, Jim, Holly and I went out for fondue at Melting Pot and may have settled on cheddar as our favorite of the evening. I tried to restrain myself slightly so I only felt like I had half-over eaten and not completely overeaten - although that last chocolate dipped strawberry was nearly as good as the first.

Favorite Stores - ties between Home Rule for hip housewares and Paper Source for craft supplies for people who don't do crafts.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Thanks for sharing some of your favorite things. I hope you get to do them all before you get to Amman!