Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Running out of things to say

We have friends here who have a similar blog to ours (extraordinarily similar because we go to same parties and work in same building) and I was SO relieved to read that they too have started running out of things to write about. For instance, this weekend we are going to the Dead Sea because we like it and it feels like a vacation and it is only 45 minutes away. But we have been to the Dead Sea before and I wonder - do we take pictures? since we already took the requisite pictures of us floating in the Dead Sea and at the bar admiring the infinity swimming pool. Do we write about the Dead Sea? - cuz we already did that.

We hope you will all be patient hearing about anything new that happens to us at the Dead Sea but be warned that we have now visited MOST of Jordan's tourist sites and you will hear about new ones with decreasing frequency - granted all archaeology sites look the same and I imagine we could just keep posting the same picture of us standing next to a roman column with text about how this is 2000 years old, blah blah blah.

This picture is the Temple of Hercules it is indeed over 2000 years old and is on a hill in Amman. The columns haven't actually been standing for 2000 years, especially since there are earthquakes here - so I think some nice Spanish archaeologists reset them up.








Megan's blog seems to never run out of things to say - kids seem full of endless cute things to say. So I will credit her excellent blog to having good source material whereas we only have each other. Happy Birthday (one day late) Isabelle!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Duffy, to your credit, your present to Isabelle arrived on June 10 (her B-day) exactly as planned. I can only attribute this masterful timing to your apparent knowledge of the intricacies and idiosyncrasies of mail and package handling services world-wide.

Don't worry about whether you are constantly writing material about new places...we are interested in your lives of where you are. :)

3XMom said...

yes, if I was just writing about me and DH, I would have very little to say as well! I think that's why mom blogs are so popular - easy material!

Shauna said...

Yes, it's true, children are getting blog material, but I think your posts are interesting too! Your audience is happy to hear about your adventures even if they are repeats!

Ian Weller said...

Marhaba-My name is Ian Weller. I am a fan of your blog, and Jordan. This summer I will be in the country with some students on a cultural and arabic language tour. Our program is administered by the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay. We will arrive in a few weeks time, and I would love to take you guys out to dinner. My email is i.weller@mac.com