Monday, July 2, 2007

Happy Anniversary

It’s my one-week anniversary since leaving DC. Since arriving I have:

  • Seen one camel; dozens of cats that live in the trash cans (or at least spend a lot of time there); and several herds of sheep and goats.
  • Eaten sushi AND hummus – admittedly a lot more hummus than sushi and frankly better hummus than sushi
  • Drafted my first cable – cable is a wonky weird word for an official memo in dreadful courier font which harkens back to the days when they were truly telegrams sent via cable. My cable was about television.
  • Gotten 250 pounds of stuff. Another 250 comes next week. The rest of our stuff and the car are somewhere en route.
  • Attended the rehearsal of the July 4th official party – I’ll be passing out souvenir hats with clear instructions that there is only one per person.
  • Worn every suit that I brought so tomorrow I will be starting the suit jacket rotation again.
  • Slept through the night for the first time.

5 comments:

3XMom said...

yay! glad you stuff has started coming. I'll bet that is a relief. Good luck with the hat duty -- people can go crazy with hats..you could have a riot on your hands! What food will the embassy be serving on the 4th of July?

Dan & Duffy said...

I have heard that there will be pink cotton candy at 4th AND a circus act. I'll report back on the refreshments after the 4th.

Jules said...

Did you have the Hummus on anything? I have had it and rather like it! I am glad that you have gotten some of your stuff. It is too bad that it has not all arrived yet. Have you been to Starbucks, yet?

Stephanie said...

What about baba ganoush? That's my favorite!

Unknown said...

How did living at our house not prepare you for sleeping in Jordan? Is it too quiet there?

Glad to hear things are going well.