Thursday, July 5, 2007

What I've Been Reading

Dan just started reading Looming Tower about Al-Qaeda but I haven’t read anything nearly that weighty…

On the airplane, I read Tina Brown’s Princess Diana biography. It was absolutely perfect plane reading – gossipy, easy and I finished it somewhere over Turkey.

After that I re-read Harry Potter 6 in anticipation of Harry Potter 7. I read somewhere that there are only going to be 6 movies – I think they are combining books 6&7 into a single movie. As I re-read Half Blood Prince that made a lot of sense to me. The book doesn’t have a very satisfying end – a cliffhanger Snape (good or evil? I think good.) but mostly just Harry knowing that he has a bunch more horcruxes to find. Note: Microsoft Word does not know the words Snape nor horcrux.

Yesterday I spent July 4th reading the treacle-y Last Summer of You and Me by my second-favorite teen fiction author Ann Brashares of Traveling Pants fame. This was not nearly as good as Traveling Pants and was aimed for “adults” but by “adults” I think they meant teen-agers. Last night, I started a new teen fiction series that seems really trashy – Gossip Girls.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Have you read the new book by the guy who wrote Kite Runner (of course, I can't remember the name). I read it at the beach...it was really good!

Dan & Duffy said...

I haven't read the new Kite Runner book - I think Jim and Holly may have it as an upcoming book group entry too.

Jules said...

Dan & Duffy, you 2 lead such interesting lives. I love your snail mail Christmas letters. They are funny and fun. Thanks for letting us know, what you read and what you do.

kathy said...

Duffy-I'm half way through The Diana Chronicles. I felt bad for Diana before, but SO much more so after reading about the SIX weeks she had to spend up in Scotland with the in-laws every year.