Saturday, July 21, 2007

Movie and Harry Potter and Promised Land


First off, Dan is wrong, there is a good portrayal of a consular officer - we just watched the Painted Veil which was excellent and one of the characters is the unbelievably handsome "vice consul" - this is Dan's title and Pam's. Sure he turns out to be a philander in the movie but still...

Good news... the English-language bookstore in our neighborhood had Harry Potter - we even had a choice of covers. We got our copy at 11:30 am our time so maybe we were even reading it before the Washingtonians.

Yesterday we went to Mount Nebo - which is where Moses saw the Promised Land but was unable to enter. The promised land is very very dusty - I'd think perhaps he was disappointed but then he was coming from the Sinai which cannot possible have been better.
Fortunately, there is an excellent restaurant near Mt Nebo. We ate hummus and baba ghanous and lamb and ...

2 comments:

3XMom said...

I am reading Harry Potter as I sit here (well, I took a break to check this blog and update mine). Saw the movie last night -- it was good. Better than I expected.

Jules said...

I think I will have to watch the movie "Painted Veil" just to get an idea of what Dan does. Mount Nebo would have been interesting. I am glad you enjoyed the restaurant. I will be gone for a week starting Monday, so no blogging for me. I will so miss blogging, but by Saturday night, "I'll be back!"

I looked up in the Wikipedia Baba ghanous. Here's the definition: literally "eggplant caviar") or simply "eggplant salad" or "aubergine salad" is a family of popular Middle Eastern dishes made primarily of eggplant (aubergine). It is made of grilled aubergine, mashed, and mixed with various seasonings.